Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Power Outages

The power goes out all the time in Pinedale. I mean all the time. We've been here less than 2 months and it's gone out at least 5 times. And I'm not talking about just on our street...it's the whole town. Usually it doesn't last that long and is either during the day (when I can at least go outside and read or something) or in the middle of the night so it's not so bad.

Last Tuesday night it went out right as we were finishing dinner, and right when it was starting to get dark. I suggested to Mickey we just go to sleep like they used to do before there was electricity but he wasn't buying it. Instead we carried flashlights and candles over to John's house to see what we could find for entertainment. We started off with a putter, golf balls and a cup as a hole but then that got too easy. 

Yes, what you are looking at is a putt putt ramp made by a box and a shoe. Sorry for the bad quality of the photo--I took it with my phone while holding the flashlight to have enough light. 













About half an hour later the power came on, but we kept playing...I mean why not!


















PS I was really good at this game. 




1 comment: