Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Weeding and a Kitten

When we moved into our house, there were a lot of weeds in the yard. I mean A LOT. Someone decided it was a good idea to put rocks down on top of the grass to make a driveway and then never do anything about the weeds that were growing through the gravel. This is what it used to look like:
















We decided we couldn't be the neighborhood eyesore for one more minute so we got to work. It took more than a minute to get all these suckers up though. It took FOREVER!!! It took an afternoon of Mickey and I working together and then 3 or 4 more afternoons of me weeding while Mickey was at work. But, our final result looks like this!
















Much better! However...there are many more rock sections in our yard and out back that need attention too. My back needs a break before I get started on those!

On to the kitten...I was finishing up out front last Friday when a little black kitten from a few doors down came over to hang out. It was probably the friendliest kitten I have ever met. My first thought was to go put it in John's house as a prank but Mickey sadly said no (side note--our BFF John lives across from us and we like to "decorate" his house with old stuff we don't want anymore when he's out of town). It stayed with me while I finished weeding in the front and then followed me to the back when I went to do some more back there.  I tried to take him home a few times but each time he just followed me back. Eventually we had to go back inside and that little kitten was not too pleased about it.


















It meowed outside our back door for awhile. Kind of the saddest thing ever. But anyways, we left the kitchen area and went into our computer room so it couldn't see us anymore, hoping it would leave and go home. Then, what do we hear out the computer room window (which faces the front)??
















It followed us to the front! And as soon as it saw me taking pictures of it...THIS HAPPENED!
















Spider-Cat!!

Eventually, the kitten went home...but I hope it comes back to visit soon! (and watch out John, I may put it in your house this time)

3 comments:

  1. Mickey may get a cat after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kitty, he just wants some love!!
    and kuddos for all that weeding!! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright girl, spray all your weeds with straight vinegar on a sunny day. They will dry up and practically fall out when you go back the next day to "collect" them; I mean weed them. NO BLACK CATS, they turn crazy after awhile...exhibit Maggie!

    ReplyDelete