Monday, September 12, 2011

So Long Texas Plates

A very big thing happened today. We no longer have Texas license plates! So long, (dirty) old plates!
The best part of the whole experience was that it took me less than 2 hours to have both cars VIN numbers inspected, switch the car titles to Wyoming (where I was given the new titles right away),  get new Wyoming plates (again, I already have them they just need to be put on), get registered to vote AND get a Wyoming driver's license. I'm pretty sure if I was in Texas I would still be waiting in line at the DMV........

6 comments:

  1. Well let's see the new ones!! PS I don't like that you referred to the Texas plates as "old and dirty".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like it either. Texas is the "best" state! Glad it didn't take you too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if your old plates were "old and dirty" i'm pretty sure it's because you needed to wash your car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Finally a Wyoming thing that I'm doing AFTER the Bohn family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah, why so soon? We lived in CT a whole year and never had our plates switched. I guess two years they will probably make you so might as well while you have the time...and while it is not winter so you have to use your helicopter insurance to get to the DMV-ha! Please write about your helicopter insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cars ARE dirty from making the ride from Houston to Wyoming (we still haven't washed them), and I said old because they weren't even the new updated Texas plates!!!! John--I'll give you the scoop on getting a new license tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete