Thursday, September 29, 2011

Earthquake Drill

Today in Wyoming there is a statewide earthquake drill. First of all, I didn't even know earthquakes happened in Wyoming. I thought I was escaping scary hurricanes to the land of freedom but apparently we have other natural disasters to worry about here. In case anyone in Houston wants to participate, it's happening at 11:00am which is 12:00pm your time. There are 3 key elements to remember if you are visited by an earthquake....

My favorite part of this picture, which I got by going to Wyoming's earthquake drill website (by the way I encourage you to check out this website, it has a countdown to the drill and everything) is the picture of California on the poster.

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate the picture, but as a fan of Saved By the Bell, I already knew the proper way to survive an earthquake. According to the gang you also need canned goods, water and a flashlight in case of emergency. Finally, don't ever be with Screech during one, he will screw up your chances to get out of a locked room. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that why the power went out in Pinedale today? I think they're taking this drill a little too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess if it can happen in Virginia, it can happen in Wyoming...love the visual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm laughing out loud at my desk. i hope you got under your desk during the drill!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favorite part is the HOLD ON step.

    ReplyDelete