Saturday, August 27, 2011

Crime in the Big City...and Rainbows

I stumbled upon something amazing yesterday as I was reading through the "Sublette Examiner", our local newspaper. Every week there is a Sherriff's Report where they tell you how many calls were made to the Sheriffs office within the last week and then they list some of the highlights. Here are a few of my favorites (I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried):

On August 17th a 1:48pm, a caller reported seeing a woman hitchhiking who was six or seven months pregnant. The call was turned over to the Wyoming Highway Patrol as deputies were busy with other calls.

On August 18th at 10:41am, a caller reported two springing spaniels running loose by his house and if someone didn't do something about them, he would.

On August 19th at 2:09pm, Ridley's (the local store) reported a female shoplifter; deputies responded and the woman paid up. (Good to know the only thing you have to do if caught shoplifting here is pay)

On August 21st at 4:34pm, a caller reported a motionless person lying in a sleeping bag near the Sugar Shack and she couldn't tell if he was dead or asleep. Deputies learned he was napping.

Those were my favorites! And, if you are arrested for anything here they put your name in the paper so I will have to keep that in mind to avoid embarrassment.

And for people who hate reading, here are some pictures of the double rainbow that happened the other morning.

It was right across the street so I couldn't get the whole thing on our camera.

Thankfully, I found a whole picture someone else took of it from Pinedale Online.
















Publicly, I just took pictures with my camera. But privately, I had a reaction like this:

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Don't speed in pinedale!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. double rainbow! what does this mean???

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is why you have always needed a blog!! If you make me laugh any more I might go into labor, THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete