Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You Aren't Cool....

Unless you have your name on your wall!

















Once we figured out we were having a boy and decided to name him Charlie I knew I wanted a name sign for him in his room. I kind of kept putting it off and figured I would just buy one. I got to looking on Etsy and Holy Moly those things can be expensive! That's when I decided HEY! I can probably just make one. However, the nearest Walmart is 2 hours away and there's no Hobby Lobby in sight so what did I do? Call my sweet sister in Houston of course! Ashley went out that day and got me a sweet deal on some letters at Michaels for half off! The whole project cost less than 15 dollars.

Thanks to my other sister, Allison, who knows a thing or two about painting letters herself, I got some good ideas on how to make those polka dots come out so great. First, I painted all the letters white. Then, I put down round stickers where I wanted the dots to be. Next I painted them all blue and then once it dried I took the stickers off and I was left with perfect, round, white dots! It actually turned out way better than I expected! I added a coat of modge podge and they were ready to be hung. We used velcro hanging strips to get them on the wall.

Charlie loves his sign and likes looking at those polka dots while he lays in bed. Isn't he cute?


He's turning into quite the chunker and now weighs almost 12 pounds. Look at those chubby little cheeks and fat creases on his arms!











And just because its hilarious..... My friend Deanna's sister makes adorable hats and crocheted items (you can see her website here: Addi and Morgan) and she made a Texas Flag hat for Charlie. Unfortunately, he really HATES wearing hats and has a meltdown every time I try to get one on him. The hat is so cute!!! Sorry his face is not....


Wait, what?? What are you putting on my head?!?!















Not cool Mom GET IT OFF!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the decorations, and he looks adorable in the hat (even if he doesn't approve!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. his name came out great! ugh, stickers!!! never would have thought of that! also, mia weights more than charlie. she's at 13lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me but your letters are crooked. Bumblebeetuna.

    ReplyDelete